Jennifer Wiggins is the CEO of Aegis Malpractice Solutions, where she is an expert in helping physicians understand the risks that come with medical malpractice lawsuits and getting them the right coverage. In this episode, she discusses the current landscape of malpractice for physicians, as well as the steps you can take to protect yourself.
Getting named in a suit (regardless of whether you were directly involved in the issue at hand) is very likely, so it is essential that you have the right insurance in place. Listen in to learn about the malpractice marketplace, which policies you should be aware of, and the toughest place to be a physician.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The current landscape of malpractice for physicians.
- The uptick in claim frequency and severity we are seeing—and what that means.
- Which locations are the toughest for physicians as it relates to malpractice lawsuits.
- What the malpractice marketplace currently looks like.
- What to look for when comparing medmal policies.
- Which situations may not be covered by a medmal policy.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Almost every single doctor is doing the best that they can. They’re doing the best with what they have. ” – Jennifer Wiggins
“The chances of you getting named in a suit is very likely. ” – Jennifer Wiggins
“There are a lot of other nuances beyond ‘what’s the price?’ or ‘how good are they?’ that separates the carriers from what makes one more valuable than the other. ” – Jennifer Wiggins
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jennifer Wiggins: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Aegis Malpractice Insights
- Understanding Occurrence vs. Claims-Made Malpractice Coverage
- Tail Insurance FAQs
- Understanding the Malpractice Claim Process
- How Much Coverage Should I Have?
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …