If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/Wl55Bw
Scott Weavil is Weavil Law PC’s founder and Principal Attorney. He began his career as a Mergers and Acquisitions attorney at Skadden in New York City and consistently ranked among the top law firms in the country. Today Scott joins the show to discuss MSOs, specifically the way that MSOs interact with independent practices and several of the changes that are happening in this area.
Listen in as he explains deal structures, describing what it will be like for independent practitioners considering this. You will learn what Scott normally asks someone looking to sell their practice, the difference between an asset deal and a stock deal, and when installment sales may be applied to these situations.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What an MSO is and who it is designed to support.
- What’s happening as it relates to the MSO question in California.
- When you may want to consider starting an MSO structure.
- Common questions Scott would ask someone looking to “get out of the game.”
- The difference between a stock deal and an asset deal.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Scott Weavil: Website
- Weavil Law Deal Structure–M&A Series
- Weavil Law CA “Friendly PC” Model at Risk
- Weavil Law CA “Friendly PC” Model at Risk – Part 2
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …