If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/1qj8R0
Today’s episode requires a content trigger warning, as I will be speaking with our guest about her personal experience walking through a malpractice claim and lawsuit after an adverse patient outcome. Dr. Stacia Dearmin is a physician, nationally recognized speaker, and certified professional coach. She is the founder and CEO of Thrive, where she aims to ensure that no physician has to travel the hard road of an unfortunate patient outcome or malpractice litigation alone. This is going to be a somber discussion—but a very important one.
Listen in as Stacia explains the thoughts and feelings she experienced after an adverse patient outcome and how long it took for her to finally feel free of the stress and sadness. You will learn the resources she used to get through this difficult situation, how to approach the healing process, and the importance of knowing your strengths and utilizing your humanity along the way.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Dr. Stacia Dearmin became an expert in the field of navigating malpractice litigation.
- How slow the healing process can be.
- The importance of having someone to talk to when going through this trauma.
- Resources you can use if you are dealing with a malpractice lawsuit.
- How to approach your anxiety and stress relief efforts.
- The importance of using your humanity when navigating these situations.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …