If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/UBxETz
Should medical cannabis be an option for pain management? Dr. Mark Wallace joins the show today to tackle that question and discuss the NFL-commissioned study surrounding the benefits of using cannabis in this way. The go-to for the pain management community, Dr. Wallace serves as the Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of California at San Diego (UCSD) and Program Director at UCSD Center for Pain Medicine.
In this episode, he shares the answers to common questions surrounding cannabis effects and safety. Listen in to learn why he believes that cannabis should be offered as an alternative to opioids, how medical cannabis studies have evolved over time, and how much THC you need to consume to feel the benefits.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Dr. Wallace believes the opioid crisis may have started.
- The importance of having alternatives to opioids.
- How studies on cannabis have evolved over time.
- How they have discovered the proper dosage for patients.
- Dr. Wallace’s thoughts on CBD.
- How much THC you need to have to receive benefits.
- What data they are looking for when conducting these studies.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Mark Wallace: UCSD Profile
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …