If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/nye4Yj
Index funds are popular investments, but that doesn’t mean they’re fail-safe. In fact, there is some confusion about the level of risk you take when using these investments, as they’re not particularly less volatile than actively managed funds. So, in this episode, I will be explaining exactly what an index fund is and how this works so that you can make an educated decision about where your money is allocated.
Listen in as I describe a recent index fund that was down nearly 50% and how this would impact someone who had a lot of money invested in it. You will learn the importance of evaluating the time horizon of the money you’re investing, why you should consider options other than index funds, and the value of asking for professional help when it comes to wealth allocation.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why index funds are not substantially safer than other investments.
- The amount of volatility you may experience using index funds.
- What an index is comprised of.
- What the S&P 500 is.
- The benefits of investing in an index fund.
- The importance of protecting your money.
- Why you should always do your due diligence.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …