If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/7Qjmy2
As a physician, it’s easy to become consumed with your work. You want to ensure your patients and team members are receiving the best care and support available, and you want to be certain that you are performing to the best of your ability. However, if you’re putting so much effort into your work, patients, and staff, when are you supposed to fit in time for yourself? Our guest today believes it is simply about how you view your work and the mindset you carry that can make all the difference. Dr. Ed Mariano is the President of the California Society of Anesthesiologists, and in this episode, we discuss the current role that he plays as an anesthesiologist in the healthcare space and how he manages to balance everything in his busy schedule.
Listen in as Dr. Mariano explains the critical role of anesthesiologists in perioperative care, his thoughts on the future of the profession, and the changing insurance landscape in which we currently find ourselves. You will learn how training has changed for anesthesiologists over the years, why it is essential that you remember you can’t do everything, and what you should know before choosing anesthesiology as your specialty.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The process of pursuing ACGME accreditation for regional pain fellowships.
- How Dr. Mariano ensures he doesn’t spread himself too thin.
- The critical role of anesthesiologists in perioperative care.
- How training has changed for anesthesiologists over the years.
- Dr. Mariano’s thoughts on the future of the profession.
- The changing insurance landscape in which we currently find ourselves.
- How to choose a specialty.
- The importance of developing anesthesiologists who are willing to be part of the leadership structure.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon, Google Podcasts, or by RSS!