If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/7FJmnZ
Talking with your spouse about money can be very difficult when you have differing views. However, it is important to be able to speak about such an important topic because a lack of communication can lead to arguments, blown-out budgets and less than ideal savings accounts. So, how do you approach this conversation without starting a fight? In this episode, I will be sharing four tools to use to discuss tough money topics with your partner.
Listen in as I explain how everyone’s views on money stem from their childhood and why it is essential for you to remember that before getting upset in a money conversation. You will learn the benefit of looking at the data, when you may want to think about involving someone else in the conversation and why you should think about the words that you use in this conversation.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to have a constructive conversation about money with your spouse.
- What to do if you and your spouse have differing views on spending.
- The importance of remembering that people’s views around money stem from their upbringing.
- The benefit of having these conversations before things get too heated.
- When you may want to consider involving a third party.
- How to build a common goal with your partner.
- Why the language you use matters.
- The benefit of looking at the data before starting the conversation.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …