If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/5oNWCa
The Air Force Reserve offers the opportunity for anesthesiologist specialists to be part of highly specialized hospital surgical teams and also to be able to take part in disaster relief and humanitarian missions. So, what might this position entail, and how does one become involved? Dr. Joseph Galura is an anesthesiology specialist in Loma Linda, California with over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Galura is also an Air Force reservist, and in this episode, he will be explaining the different career paths and trajectories for physicians in the armed services.
Listen in as Dr. Galura describes the incentives that you may find for joining the reserves and how you can give back to your country. You will learn several of the requirements you will need in order to join the reserves, common misconceptions about reservists, and what you should be aware of before joining the reserves.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What it was like working in the Air Force.
- The different classifications of reservists.
- Unique opportunities for anesthesiologists in the army.
- How to get involved in the armed forces as a physician.
- Common misconceptions about reservists.
- The perfect candidate for joining the reserves.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Email Dr. Galura
- Chasing Happiness
- Part-Time Service Options | Students + Residents | Medicine + the Military
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- FY 2019 USAFR Pay Plans
- APM Success YouTube
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon, Google Podcasts, or by RSS!