If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/RLfcKm
Having served as an expert witness in diagnostic radiology for over 150 cases for both plaintiff and defense attorneys, Gretchen Green, MD, knows the benefits of getting into expert witness work. And having been sued herself earlier in her career, she knows what it’s like to help patients in a high-stress field and to be a clinical leader in making medicine better for patients and physicians. Today, Gretchen will be joining the show to share her advice for those considering expert witness work, including fees, schedules, and contracts or agreements.
Listen in as Gretchen explains how to build a fee schedule that works for you, as well as how much she believes you should be charging per hour for expert witness work. You will learn how to get involved in expert witness work, what to expect during a deposition, and the importance of being open to new information.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How expert witnessing has found its way into Gretchen’s life.
- The importance of knowing how to negotiate a better employee agreement.
- How to build a fee schedule.
- The importance of working with attorneys to ensure you’re protected.
- How to get involved in expert witness work.
- What you should prepare before a deposition.
- Missteps to avoid during a deposition.
- The importance of being open to new information.
- How to advocate for being paid what you’re worth.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …