Jennifer Wiggins is the CEO of Aegis Malpractice Solutions and an expert in the field of medical malpractice lawsuits. She provides guidance to physicians in navigating the risks associated with these lawsuits and securing the right coverage. In this episode, Jennifer discusses the current state of malpractice for physicians and the necessary steps to protect themselves.
Being named in a lawsuit, even without direct involvement, is a common occurrence. Thus, it is imperative for physicians to have the right insurance coverage in place. Jennifer offers valuable insights into the malpractice insurance market, highlighting key policies to be aware of and discussing the toughest places to practice medicine as a physician. Listen in to gain a better understanding of the malpractice landscape and how to protect yourself.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The current landscape of malpractice for physicians.
- The uptick in claim frequency and severity we are seeing—and what that means.
- Which locations are the toughest for physicians as it relates to malpractice lawsuits.
- What the malpractice marketplace currently looks like.
- What to look for when comparing medmal policies.
- Which situations may not be covered by a medmal policy.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jennifer Wiggins: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Aegis Malpractice Insights
- Understanding Occurrence vs. Claims-Made Malpractice Coverage
- Tail Insurance FAQs
- Understanding the Malpractice Claim Process
- How Much Coverage Should I Have?
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …