Risk management is not just a policy, but a way of life. In this episode replay, Jennifer Wiggins, CEO of Aegis Malpractice Solutions, helps us understand the available data on malpractice cases and what we need to be protected against or aware of as anesthesiologists. She also highlights the time frame for resolving a case and how to positively impact relationships with clients.
Listen in to learn the average payout for malpractice cases, why anesthesiologists are most frequently sued, and the significance of having good bedside manner. You’ll hear about effective risk management practices and how to ensure you have good risk management practices in place.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What the data tells us about the average claim payout for malpractice cases.
- The highest amount filed for a malpractice payout.
- How many malpractice cases have been filed in the past five years.
- What anesthesiologists are getting sued for most and how to avoid that.
- The biggest disadvantage anesthesiologists have and how to remedy that.
- Why a claim can hinder your future employment, even if you are cleared.
- How a case is resolved and the steps required along the way.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jennifer Wiggins: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Aegis Malpractice Insights
- Understanding Occurrence vs. Claims-Made Malpractice Coverage
- Tail Insurance FAQs
- Understanding the Malpractice Claim Process
- How Much Coverage Should I Have?
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS!