As the demand for anesthesiologists continues to rise, hospitals and practices are finding it increasingly challenging to attract and retain these highly specialized medical professionals. The situation has been further complicated by the pandemic, which has impacted the mindset of many anesthesiologists, who are now considering factors such as job security, work-life balance, and mental well-being when making career decisions. In this episode, Dr. Brian Schmutzler, Chief Anesthesiologist at Unity Physicians Hospital, shares his insights on how the industry is changing and how practices are navigating the evolving landscape.
Listen in to hear about the impact of the last few years on the profession, how the No Surprises Act has affected the industry, and the changing nature of locum work. Dr. Schmutzler also offers advice for hospitals and practices on how to attract anesthesiologists, including the importance of offering competitive compensation and more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why attracting and retaining anesthesiologists is getting difficult.
- How practices are navigating the changing anesthesiology industry.
- How the pandemic impacted the mindsets of many anesthesiologists.
- What a subsidy is and how practices are using this method.
- What people are paying to have locums come in and how that has changed over time.
- How the No Surprises Act has impacted the industry.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …