*This episode is a re-release of episode 154.*
Our guest today is Dr. Ambar La Forgia, who studies the relationship between organizational and managerial strategies and performance outcomes in the healthcare sector. Specifically, she uses quantitative methods to examine how the decisions of corporations to join with other organizations can change processes that impact financial and clinical performance. In this episode, Dr. Ambar discusses her research findings and sheds light on how management intervention can impact healthcare outcomes.
Listen in as she explains price increase research, describing how this impacts patients and practitioners. You will learn how the corporatization of medicine is impacting outcomes, the importance of being transparent in every section of business, and why we have to think about the unintended consequences of our policies.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How management intervention can impact healthcare outcomes.
- Who negotiated the best deals.
- How management philosophy impacts the quality and success of a practice.
- The impact of the No Surprises Act.
- How the corporatization of medicine is impacting outcomes.
- What is driving all of these changes.
- The importance of being transparent.
- How to build more trust in your organization.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Ambar La Forgia: Twitter | Website | LinkedIn
- Association of Physician Management Companies and Private Equity Investment with Commercial Health Care Prices Paid to Anesthesia Practitioners
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …