Dr. Jay Kumar is an interventional pain physician based in North Carolina, and he joins the show today to share his journey through training, academics, and private practice. He offers a glimpse into the process that led him to working in—and growing more passionate about—interventional pain, as well as what it really takes to gain the confidence and skills needed to launch a private practice successfully.
Listen in to hear about the fellowships he participated in and the valuable hands-on experience that gave him more confidence and exposure. You’ll learn why choosing the right programs is crucial, how to gain the right experience, and the key to asking questions and getting the answers you need to grow.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Dr. Kumar was initially attracted to pain management.
- The pediatric fellowship he participated in and why he went back to interventional pain.
- The value of hands-on experience and the barriers that it breaks down.
- How Dr. Kumar was exposed to the billing process and what it was like.
- Why it’s so important to get comfortable asking questions.
- The importance of an online presence.
- Tips on how to get more authentic exposure.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …