In this final segment of our two-part series with tax expert Evgeni Ivanov, we dive back into the complex realm of business transition. Focusing on the distinction between a stock sale and an asset sale, this episode unravels the critical factors that should be considered. While tax implications remain a central focus, they are only a small piece of the puzzle.
Listen in as Engeni shares other considerations that steer the choice between a stock sale and an asset sale. You will learn why it’s so important to understand the seller’s motives, how to decide if a stock or asset sale is best for you, and what you need to know about taxes if you’re selling an entity as a stock sale.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The difference between a stock sale and an asset sale.
- What an asset sale entails.
- Why you may need to file final tax returns when you sell the assets.
- The importance of knowing that tax is not the only thing to consider.
- Why you should understand the seller’s motive as the buyer.
- How to decide if a stock or asset sale is best for you.
- What to know about taxes if you’re selling an entity as a stock sale.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …