If you’re a physician, you can earn CME from this content! Reflect on how this podcast applies to your day-to-day and earn AMA PRA Category 1 CMEs here: https://earnc.me/9ikmAB
Physicians are at a significant disadvantage when it comes to negotiating their salaries and/or contracts because hospitals have access to all of the salary data, market insights, and negotiating expertise. Is it possible to level the playing field so that physicians have a fair chance? Ethan Nkana, JD, MBA, uses his in-depth experience to advocate for physicians to get the salary and contract value they have earned through his business Rocky Mountain Physician Agency, and in this episode, he will be sharing his advice with you.
Listen in as Ethan explains what the hospital is considering when negotiating contracts with physicians and the most common mistake he sees physicians make coming into these discussions. You will learn how to negotiate a higher pay today, why you shouldn’t look at your salary in a vacuum, and why acting aggressively during a negotiation isn’t always the best option.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What is looked at from the hospital’s point of view when negotiating contracts.
- The mistake many physicians make coming into contract discussions.
- What to be aware of when it comes to LOIs.
- The three main components of your compensation.
- How to increase your pay today.
- The importance of remembering your power in the market as a physician.
- How to use the data to ask for a pay raise.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Ethan Nkana: LinkedIn | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Episode 145: A Common Negotiating Tactic Employers Use, And How To Dodge It Like A Pro
Share The Love:
If you like the Anesthesia & Pain Management Success podcast …